Here is a Photoshop tutorial to create gloss text effect, logos and buttons that I have found very useful.
1. Open a new 100x100px document:
2. Select the brush tool with a 20px brush create a image like this in your desired color:
(Use 100% hardness and hold in shift to create a straight line)
3. Save this as a pattern. Select Edit> Define > Pattern, enter a name and save
4. Open a new document in your desired size. I created a new 600x400px document and filled it with a yellow background:
5. Open a new layer by going to Layer > New > Layer and click OK
6. Select the text tool from the tool palette and type in your desired text:
7. Next add the pattern you saved to the text by going to Layer > Layer Style > Pattern Overlay.
And scale to 40% as below:
8. While the layer style palette is open click on the Bevel and Emboss and set to this:
9. Then click on the Drop Shadow option and set to this:
Here is the result of the text before we angle it:
10. Next angle the pattern on the text by going to Image > Rotate Canvas > Arbitrary and set to 45CCW:
11. Then select Layer > Merge Visible
12. Finally rotate the image back by going to Image > Rotate Canvas > Arbitrary and set to 45CW, click OK and you are done:
In the original tutorial after number two you are advised to go to Filter > Distort > Pinch and create a image like this:
This will create a final image like this:
But I prefer the straight lines.
( Source )